Friday, April 21, 2006

Huomenta!

Today April 21st, 2006, as I sit in Oulu University's Humanities department part of campus, I ponder here and wonder what exactly I want you all to know about. So here is a list and eventually I will get to all of them . . . (this part is really only for my benefit, because I tend to forget things quite easily) . . .

  1. Lapland
  2. Greece (Greek Islands/Canadians)
  3. Random thoughts (which have been accumulated since the beginning of my stay here)
  4. Feelings and concerns
  5. What I am going to enjoy most when I get back to the states
  6. Snow
  7. Running
  8. and probably other stuff, but that I can't think of right now.

So I guess I'll start with the easy stuff and write down my first 10 random thoughts

  1. If the time for class says 10-13, then class start time is actually at 10:15
  2. If the time for class says 10.00, then class start time is 10 SHARP!
  3. Milk here isn't all that bad. It has a liking to PET mil back home. Mayfields will always be the best though.
  4. The cookies that look like oreos here (Domino Brand) are like buying the cheap-o brand back home. So BEWARE!!! (plain and simple, though quite juvenile, they suck)
  5. For the time being, daylight shoes up around 9:45 and goes to sleep around 4ish
  6. Saw this American guy today during orientation wearing an Abercrombie shirt that said (something to the effect) "Please help support my ego." Oh yeah . . . and it was pink and insideout (designed that way.
  7. Have to share a room isn't so bad after all.
  8. I might possibly be getting somewhat used to this cold weather.
  9. People in Finland do wear jeans in the winter and ride their bikes in the snow (without studs and without ;) chains) --below is a pic of me on Eva's bike--
  10. The word sauna is not pronounced "sanna." It should be pronounced "sawun-na" (or just ask me about the pronunciation when I get back).

Okay so there are the first 10 of my random thoughts, I will try to place them strategically throughout the rest of my stay here.

Tomorrow (hopefully) I'll post about my trip to Lapland. So look forward to an adventure through the Lappish lands of Finland.

1 Comments:

At 6:08 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very impressed with the snow-biking! Were you actually moving and for how far?

-- uncle john

 

Post a Comment

<< Home