Thursday, March 23, 2006

Interesting . . .

Thought you all might find this a bit interesting. Eva (my roomie) and I ran into one of her Finnish friends Veikko today. They said their how you do's and what's up's, and interestingly Veikko was up to something quite odd! Alrighty, are you ready??

He was getting ready to go shopping for . . . redneck gear for a party tomorrow night! Yes, he actually said the word REDNECK!! I was like, "People in Finland know about rednecks!!??" Haha, I was like I can help you out. I'm from the south! Whenever I'm home I'm surrounded by them! haha ;) I asked him what he was going to buy, and he said something flannel and something else. Then I said well you need to get a can of snuff and a farmers' baseball cap that sits on the top of your head (I demonstrated how it was to sit on the top not directly on the head). I really wonder if they can actually find redneck attire here in Finland.

I would love to go to their party and see exactly what their perception of rednecks are. I told Eva to tell him to send her pictures if he can. If he does, I'll post 'em here.

Okay that's all for today :) later peeps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home