Saturday, March 04, 2006

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, my dear friends and family abroad. Normally, my means of transporation in the states includs my legs, my bike, and truthfully mainly by car. Here in Oulu, it is by walking (a lot!), running, biking (when I am loaned one), by taxi (on rare occasions), and by bus (when going to keskusta -- downtown). Well, I was just informed today that the means of transportation for most of the people in Oulu, and for many of the exchange students will be taken away starting tomorrow

Unfortunately, the local bus company Koskilinjat will start their strike on Sunday 5th of March at 18:00. There will be very few busses running, though there is a bus time table listed online (it is rather confusing -- mainly due to the fact that it is in Finnish; thus, I might as well walk (or buy/borrow a bike). My bus card time was running out and I was getting ready to reload it, so I am glad I decided to wait.

Oh, and it seems as if this has happened before, because I received an email from one of the workers at the International office telling us that from "previous experience" . . . Meaning that this is not a new thing here in Oulu. (Oh and it is just in Oulu, not in all of Finland). Also, nobody knows when the strike is going to end!

1 Comments:

At 11:13 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey roomie....i finally found your blog.....yeah for me!!!! miss you terribly but glad you are having the time of your life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home